Watch dance videos and dance lessons at DanceJam.com
I recently discovered this music video and it just makes me happy. I think it accurately expresses how sometimes in life we have no control over the things around us and we need to just relax and enjoy the show. I feel like I can really relate to this video, especially at this stage in my life. It feels like everything is up in the air. Everything is constantly changing, new classes, new wards, new friends, new jobs, new apartments, my friends are all getting married and moving on with their lives. Sometimes I crave for just a little consistency in my life. I get so caught up in every little detail and freak out about the things I have no control over.There is so much in this life to enjoy! I always find myself looking back on the past thinking, " those were the days" but I need to remember that "these are the days." I am constantly creating new memories and my future is always changing. I need to learn to sit back and enjoy the moments, including those I don't want to enjoy such as studying for a test, or working 12 hour days.
So here are my top ten newly discovered favorite things
1. Cottage cheese
2. Otter pops
3. Summer mornings
4. Making creative cakes. My most recent was a guitar cake!
5. Being around and interacting with people
6. Spending time with my sister and their kids
7. Talking to mom about all my stories
8. Getting mail
9. Chats with good friends
10. Running
I love life! Even if it doesn't always go the way that I want it to, it always works out better!
A quick update as to what I've been up to. I am living in Provo for the summer working three jobs. Don't worry between the 3 I'm still only getting about 40 hours a week. I still working for BYU Broadcasting. I got a job at the Pizza Factory. I'm training to be a server but right now I am just hosting, and doing salads. My third job and most interesting is at a bridal store. I am bridal consultant. Weird I know, but I actually really enjoy it. I don't think I've ever thought so much about weddings than I have in the last couple weeks. I attended my roommate Michelle's wedding in Washington last weekend and I have another 3 coming up this summer. I think I am hitting the stage in my life where everyone gets married. I am not sure I am ready for that. It felt like I just lost all my friends on missions and now everyone else it getting married. I am happy for them, it's just weird to imagine that I am at the age where marriage is an option.
Oh, and I also dyed my hair


And just a little side note. Those of you who know Kelsey my roommate, she has updated her blog and would love it if you would take a look at it, considering that she looks at your blogs :) I love that girl!
5 comments:
That video was hilarious. I've heard the song, but never seen the video what went with it. That girl (the singer) must have a really great sense of humor to use puppets and be yanked away in every scene, and to keep a straight face singing while brushing her teeth. LOL love it! What is her name by the way?
Sounds like you are keeping busy! And I remember being in that stage where all my friends were getting married too. It's where your fridge is completely covered in wedding anouncements.
I also remember totally NOT being ready to get married msyelf. I mean yes I kind of did, because I felt left out. But when I really thought about it...thought about the guys I was dating at the time....thought about settling down....I knew I just wasn't ready!
So I didn't meet and marry Will until I was 27 and I don't regret it one bit!! I got to date a ton, have fun, travel a little, goof off, work lots of fun jobs, concentrate on myself...and do a lot of things that my married friends didn't really get to do because they were already having babies. :)
So enjoy yourself Grace!! I know you're in Provo where you might feel pressure to get married, but seriously....it will happen at the right time so just enjoy yourself right now.
"Just enjoy the show!"
Grace, was that you singing in costume. It is so totally you!! I loved it and laughed most of the way through it. I'm happy for your happy!! I can't wait to see your new hair and thanks for listing me as one of your top ten!
You're definately one of mine. I think you're actually about #9.
See you soon and you can tell me the next episode.
Grace Thomas that guitar cake was incredible.
you are creative and fun and sexy and talented and good and kind hearted and energetic and special.
i gotcha back sista :)
love that song. I saw that video about a year ago and it has been a little motivation for me just to relax and enjoy my life right now. don't worry about all the small stuff and just look at the big picture.
Post a Comment