Monday, August 23, 2010

Listen up children, it's story time!!!!

Leaping lizards, what a week!!!! I have so much to say and so little time.
My life is so great, it's not fair for the rest of the world!!!!   :D
Happy Birthday Tessha!! Happy Birthday Alisha!!
Welcome to the world Taylor!!! *I have a new nephew* It's weird to think how old he'll be when I get home.... AH!! Send pictures of the little guy! Hope Jenni is doing well and recovering quickly.
The story of the transfer goes to... Sister Thomas. So this week has been a week of firsts for my little missionary self. I am going to tell you a little story about the time I got PUNCHED IN THE FACE!! Literally, punched in the face and not by the spirit! So Friday night we were biking home from a wonderful lesson and I was just thinking to myself all the wonderful things I am learning on my mission so far and how happy I am. Well S. Broderick was in front of me and I was behind her. We saw these two kids biking towards us so we moved over to the right. The first kid went by me and they were just being troubled teens and saying some not nice things and then WHAM!!!!!!!! The little guy punched me in the face right below my eye!! I heard the blow and got knocked off my bike a little and then my face just started hurting like crazy! Apparently I yelled, ' OH MY GOSH" in the most annoyed voice and S. Broderick turned around. The kids hurry and biked off and I just sat there like what in the world just happened. I took off my helmet and then I realized that little troubled man just punched me in the face!!!! First of all he hit a girl, on a bike, in a skirt, and a messenger of God, I sure hope he feels really cool right now. "I just got punched in the face, Sister Broderick!" She tempted to chase them down and like rebuke them by the power of God or something but we just started laughing!! We started examing my face and ironically where we pulled over was right next to this sign that read, " Jesus could come today. Are you ready?"  Ha, I am totally laughing in shock as I type this because it is too funny! So within 5 minutes of getting slammed in the face I am taking a picture by a sweet sign and this beautiful sunset! I LOVE the missionary life!!! We immediately called the Elders who ironically ( I think not) just got their bikes stolen by two little troubled boys. By the time we got back to our apartment we had members from our ward calling to check up on the new sister who has only been on the mission for a couple weeks. "Welcome to the Mission!" :) One guy said that he had just called his mom to tell him about it and she told him to call me and tell my to put ice on it. Ha, oh my gosh I love telling this story! Anyway thanks to the frozed peas in the freezer that have probably been there since the time of Adam and Eve, my eye didn't swell too much and I don't have a black eye to show. Although I oddly wish I did because how cool would that be to say I got my first black eye on my mission?!?! Who would've thought. On Sunday people were coming up to me and asking to see my face and apparently everyone in the mission is talking about the new sister who got decked on the streets of New Tampa! Well at least I provide the comic relief for the mission.
Anyway this week I also got my first person who was mean to me. That just sat there and yelled at me about something, I don't know i wasn't really listening but apparently now I am offically a missionary. Well congratz to me ha!
This week was also the first time that it hit me that I am on a mission. It came after two wonderful lessons with some investigators who are commited to baptism. Called to Serve was playing in the car and I just had this image of being in heaven with all the people that I am teaching and I was filled with this overwhleming joy and excitement, I actually started crying ( I know, I am baby!) But how cool is it that I get to take part and mooch off the blessings of the Lords work. Ah, I love it!!
This week we've also had so many experiences that I have felt the spirit SOOOOOOOO strong and this gospel is SOOOO true!! Ah I just love it, it makes me so happy! I feel like Ammon who said  " Behold I can not tell you the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16. You should all just read Alma 26, it's so good!
I wish that I could just have a little camera built into my face ( maybe where that kid punched me) so you could all see and experience the things I get to see, hear and feel each day. I am not good at writing it in a letter because there is just too much. But if I am going to leave you with something it would be that this gospel is true. I know it! There is SO much peace and joy that comes from knowing and living it! God loves us!! Each and everyone of his children he has an immense love for. I can't imagine being a parent. Yikes, someday! I love each and everyone of you! I love all the great experiences I am having and the blessing that have and will come to me and our family.
I have got to get going but before I do a little shout out to some peeps who actually read my blog!! I can't believe someone actually reads it but last week I got a letter from my old roommate Karisa who said she's been reading them. So here's to you my friend! I love you and there is a letter heading your way with some great sister Grace ness. Also Jen Haderlie, you are the BOMB!! Two letters filled with uplifting and encouraging words! I LOVE YOU! A letter is on it's way to Provo as we speak :)
I hope that all is going well! 
The picture of me by the sign was like 2 minutes after I got punched in the face!!
Then me icing my face talking to a member of the ward who called to make sure I was ok and ironically telling me to ice my face
Then some other random ones... me and my Car, Guston... my friend/pet the armadillo, he was being shy and some other randoms to prove I am still alive and kicking

3 comments:

Dan Thomas said...

Looks like you are making the best of a bad situation! At least you are not yet as Job (I always hated that story.) Your friends still stane by you!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are really a missionary. but I'm afraid for you. You've been out for three weeks and you are already getting bet up.

Anonymous said...

I found these comments on your facebook concerning this blog. So I thought i would share.


Chris Justice- Just finished reading your blog. Looks like the world is ready for you. Love the vegetable ice pack!!!

Mark Steele- Peas in a pod!
·