Hello ya'll
So this cute lady that we work with calls us her "biking barbies. " She has a cute little accent and everytime she sees us she says, " Hola me biking barbies" I love it!! Makes you feel like you regained some of your womanhood as you ride a bike in a skirt. Speaking of which I would like to introduce the latest in Sister Missionary attire....
SCANTS!! Skirt pants lol (insert picture here)
You've got to be creative working with what you've got so I've come up with Scants. Every biking sister needs some. All you need is a hair tie, a lack of pride and a sense of humor. Works everytime. Have I mentioned I love my mission... ? :D
So I know last week I did this whole spill about not talking about my investigators on my blog but you have got to meet Barbara!!! I totally have permission to do this so here's to you Barbara!
You know you have a golden investigator when...
- She volunteers to come tracting with you, not once but every Saturday!! Then not only does so come she also introducing the church and who we are and bares her testimony!!! Um, ya she is SO awesome!
- She brings the lesson and decides what she wants to talk about for the day
- She wants to write on the chalkboard the things we should be learning
- You tell her about you problems and she forks out tons of scriptures that fit perfectly
- She is already preparing for the day she'll go to the temple
- She is on the phone with her mom explaining church callings. We haven't even taught her that yet
- She shows up 15 minutes early to every lessons
- She call us to remind us about the Relief Society activities.
Barbara is so amazing!! I love teaching her. I love being with her. I am SO grateful that I have this opportunity to be with her. Her testimony strengthens mine. Her example of obedience is outstanding. I pretty much just love her. I could teach her everyday for the rest of my mission and I would be totally content. I can't wait for all you to meet her someday.
Also I want to tell you a little about Diane. I have mentioned her before but I want you to get to know her a little like I do. Diane is a cowboy fanatic, sewing expert, a Betty Crocker wannabe except she is better than Betty, ( No offense Betty Crocker, you still are amazing). She is the worlds best grandma and one of my favorite people in the entire world. She is our neighbor and she has known the sister missionaries for 2 years now I believe. She is basically our mom while we are gone. She cooks for us all the time. She calles us to give us updates on the hurricanes so we're not out biking in the storms. She takes care of us when we get sick. Since my first day on my mission I knew that I was going to love her. I seriously feel like she was an angel sent from the Lord to help me through my first couple months on my mission. She is my hero and I look up to her so much.
Well I am still doing well. I am loving Florida in October. It is so nice!!! Hope it's snowing in Idaho, haha! Just kidding. Just know I am basking in 80 degree weather, loving life. I hope you all are doing wonderful and staying safe.
I miss you and love you all.
Love to hear from you
Love
Grace





2 comments:
Barbara sounds amazing. I'm glad you have such a good investigator. I could use her example in my own life.
I love Scant. I just need a tutorial demonstrating how to tie the shirt and proof that it works. (a picture of you on a bike). I do bike to church and I would really like to know how you tie it. I'm so serious usually i end up wearing bike shorts underneath my skirt.
Also, I just updated your blog, put new pictures on it and added your address to the side bar. Not to mention. I put a picture of Stephen on your side bar, just so he knows we think he's pretty important. I can take his picture down anytime if you want. :)
I love you.
PS I was dreading the day you would start a letter with Ya'll. grrrrr (pet peeve. hahahaha At least you lasted a few months).
Post a Comment