Well folks, it happened. Took 5 months but it happen. It wasn't your typical "skirt stuck in the tires or brakes." It was just plain embarrassing. I had my first bike wreck. Yup, every biking sister has at least one bike crash and I was beginning to think that I was the exception. Nope. There I was biking along when all of the sudden I was binned between the cold cement and my bike. Apparently I have bad perception of where the sidewalk begins and ends. Sister Salinas comes biking up and just laughing her little head off. I'm pulling my skirt down and laughing when I look over and see the whole bus stop of USF ( University of Southern Florida) college students starring at me. Then accross the street is about 10 construction workers who also had a little show. Oh my goodness I was so embarrassed. Then not 10 minutes later we witnessed a hit and run and we were told to see if we could get the guys licence plate. So here we are chasing down criminals... all in a days works :) My life is so adventurous.
Well this week I got to spend about 4 nights in Bethlehem. One of the stakes here does a live nativity that is pretty well known around the state of Florida. It was amazing!!! They have a town set up with shops and roman guards walking around. Then a trumpet sounds and calls everyone to gather around. They give you a candle to light your path and then you walk to the manger. In comes Mary and Joseph riding in on a mule. Then the shepards come in with real sheep and then wise man come walking in. Anyway you had to have been there to get the full effect but it was so cool. Then after everyone goes to the church for cookies and hot chocolate. Then that's where my roll came in. I walked around talking to people, members and nonmembers about the church. It as great! So much fun! I felt like a Temple Square missionary asking everyone for referrals. It was fun. Plus with hundreds of members around they just sit there and tell you how much they love and appreciate missionaries especially sisters. Makes you so warm and fuzzy inside.
I don't really know what else to say about this week... hmm, oh let me explain the title of this email. So the other day we saw this huge green blowup monkey outside a store advertising some solution to a problem. I was thinking how did the advertising committee come up with that one. "So we need people to pay there bills on time. Any ideas Ted?" " Uh... I know what we need A large green monkey. Yeah that'll solve all our problems" I don't get it but it made me laugh. So now Sister Salinas and I always say, "I know what you need, a large green monkey." I know what your thinking. Sister Thomas is weird. She is on a mission and the only thing she can think to write about in her email is about a green monkey. Well I do have a point, I promise. You see this week has been very stressful on me. I've been dealing with a lot of people who have rather large problems. When I see that, I want to take over and make all their problems go away. I hate watching people suffer. I especially dislike the feeling of feeling helpless. I came on my mission because I wanted to help people and ultimately the gospel is the way. What I knew but didn't expect was that although the gospel will bless their live tremendously it doesn't take away all their problems. I got to a point this week where I wanted so badly to help but it was out of my hands. I really had to turn it over to the Lord and let him take control. I have been amazed at just how much our Father in Heaven really does know each and everyone of his children. Sometimes I get a small glimpse of just how much he loves each one of us. It's so overwhelming! I know that my Father in Heaven really does know me, Grace Anne Thomas. Not only does He know me, He loves me. I know that He knows and loves each and everyone of us. I am so grateful for that knowledge because that only makes everything so much better. Well my time is up but I love you all. Thanks for all your prayers.
Oh and Laura and Mark, I was SOOO happy to read about your friends getting baptized. I thought to myself. Yes, there is my family, doing missionary work! I'm so happy!!
Welp, I'm out
Love your favorite Sister
Sister "Thunder Thighs" opps I mean Sister Grace Thomas :)


No comments:
Post a Comment