This week we had "Specialized Training" aka Sister Conference. It was so much fun and yet spiritual enlightening, my two favorite things. It was held in Port Charlette about 2 hours south of where I am currently serving so I got to ride in a van full of sister missionaries for two hours. I felt so sorry for the poor office elders who had to drive us. I couldn't help but laugh at what the elders were probably thinking as one sister babbled on about how she was starved for some physical affection ( she didn't mean it in a bad way at all just that she missed people playing with her hair etc..) another sister was giving a low down of all her previous "creepers" as she called them and then of course the sister who was arguing with the driver about having to stop to go to the bathroom. We were already running late and she was insistant about stopping and he was dead set on not stopping. I have to say the highlight of the ride was when one elder pulled out a box a chocolates and someone saw it. Pretty soon that box was passed around the van. One elder looked over at the other and said, " Way to go Elder. You should've known better than to hand out our chocolate to a van full of Sister." It was so funny. I just couldn't help but laugh. Poor Elders :) As soon as we arrived and I stopped out of the van, I saw Sister Fox ( my MTC companion) and she came running up to me and just about tackled me. I was SOOO happy and excited to see her again. The conference was amazing. President Summerhays told us how much he loved and appreciated us ( girls loved to be told they are loved and appreciated). After several amazing talks, President surprised us by giving us each a rose. Of course all the sisters start crying and and "ooooo"ing and "awww"ing. It was really sweet actually.
Other than that little adventure, I've been staying really busy being a missionary. This time of year always makes me so happy and I was really hesitiant about being away from my family during Christmas but there is nothing better than serving the Lord at this time of year. My testimony of the Savior has grown "2 sizes" this year. Mark Nelson shared a scripture with me that I've reflected on over and over again. Mosiah 5:13
"For how aknoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?"
Before I came on my mission I wrote down on a little notecard my goals for my mission. One of the first ones on there was that I wanted to develop a deeper relationship with my Savior. The past couple months, every single day, this goal has become a reality as I have served my master. I know the Jesus is the Christ. I know He lives. His birth but more importantly his life, is the reason I celebrate every day. I know that Christ personally took upon himself every thing that I have and will yet experience. I can feel His love for me as I reflect on my life, my friends, and my family. I am so grateful for my testimony of Him and I am honored to represent him here in Florida. I love my Savior and there is nothing more I would want to be doing this Christmas season then testifying of Him and His matcheless love.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. If I get to talk to you, then :) I am SOO excited! You might want to bring your ear plugs because I have so much to say. If you don't get to talk to you then know I love you. Please travel safely everyone and Merry Christmas!
Love
Gracie
PS this is my 150 post on my blog.





No comments:
Post a Comment