Tuesday, December 28, 2010

You say Christmas Bakin', I say Christmas Bacon!

Best week evah!! Have I told you how much I love my family? Well let me tell you. I LOVE THEM, I LOVE THEM, I LOVE THEM!
 
This week has been full of Christmas cheer! We did some caroling with our district. That was awkward but still really fun. Most people had no idea what to think and were surprised people still carol.  Other people were just so happy and told us and kept forking out requests. 
 
Sister Salinas made fudge over at Diane's house following the tradition of every new sister leaning to make fudge. Diane said something about "Christmas bakin" and Sister Salinas looked over at her and said "Christmas bacon?!." So I have started a new tradition of Christmas morning making bacon and that is just what we did.  Christmas morning I immediately ran to the kitchen and made bacon, yum! I also opened the door to see if my dreams of a white Christmas came true. Nope, but a green sunny Christmas isn't too shabby :)
 
Throughout the week we delivered the fudge to people we are working with and just passed along some delicious and definitely not nutritious Christmas loving. It made me so happy to see these people so happy. And everyone was so nice to thank us for sacrificing time with our families to be there with them on Christmas.
 
We spent Christmas eve over at the Laylands house and acted out the Nativity. I got to play the part of the angel, I think it's because I'm white :). They were so kind and gracious to us. We even had a short little testimony meeting. That was tender. No really it was. We went home to open one present because well after all it is Christmas eve. I opened what I thought was going to be pajamas but to my surprise it was the cutest shirt ever accompanied with matching shirt. That will get way more use than the pajamas. Then off to bed quickly so Santa could come. :) 
 
Christmas morning was so delightful. I didn't have to be anywhere or do anything right away and I just enjoyed the morning. After a little Christmas bacon and rockin around the Christmas tree, I was soon surrounded by wonderful presents from the best family ever! Thank you so much everyone for thinking of me and sending me your love. I wish you could have seem my face with every little thing I opened. I was just SO happy! 
 
I was so happy I forgot what time it was. I looked at the clock and realized I  got to call me family in 20 minutes. I quickly got ready and ran over to Dianes.Diane made me the cutest green polk-a-dot blanket. ( does she know me or what?) I then ran well more like jumped around her apartment in search for the phone. I had a little surprise for my mom that I knew she'd love. The rest of the family was in on it and this was going to be epic. My mom answered and I couldn't restrain myself as I yelled out, "MOMMY! Go find Laura!" So must have thought I was crazy or something but regardless Laura was sitting by her computer waiting for her as I was on the screen ready and waiting to SKYPE with her!!! Oh mylanta  her reaction was priceless!!! This year we were given permission to skype with our families and that was AWESOME!!!!!! 
 
 
I just about melted as Jace said "Hello Aunt Gracie" and Sitani proudly wore his new BYU football helmet, Marley showed me her ballet outfit and Preston excitedly showed his Thomas the train set. I also got to meet baby Taylor and he is not a baby anymore. Well I guess he still is but I have never seen him before. SOOO cute!! I loved being able to see my family and talk with them. They are amazing!! They are like my little cheer leading squad. After talking to them we spent the rest of the day visiting members of our ward. We watched "Letter to Juliet" with Sister Snow and her daughter Kenzie. That was just so much fun to sit around and be a girl for a little bit. There was a part in the movie where she explains how the words "what" and "if" are two harmless words but when put together can create years of sorrow and confusion. I had a little moment where I was so happy that I never have to think to myself, "Self, what if you had gone on a mission." I am so gratefully for my decision to serve and for the blessing that haven't stopped pouring on me since the second I decided I was going.
 
Sunday was a great day as I watched Stephanie ( my recent convert) give a talk in Sacrament. I felt like a proud little mommy as she was up there. Then in Sunday school Barbara taught an impromptu lesson on sacrifice. I just sat in the back of the room with a huge smile on my face as I watched her teach. She asked me a question about sacrifice which ironically, or not, I've been thinking a lot about. I responded by talking about all the sacrifices that were being made so I could be here on my mission such as my mom etc... I then talked about how I was impressed watching my converts sacrifice so much to become members of the church. It hit me, I LOVE THIS!! I love this people! I love the process of how we become who were meant to be. Then Barbara bore her testimony of how she was so grateful for all the sacrifices I made to come on my mission so that she could have the gospel. Hearts were touched, tears were shed, enough said. I love being a missionary. I love this gospel and I love sharing it with my brothers and sisters. I hope you all at some point in your life get to experience the sweet peace that comes from sharing and seeing someone accept the gospel. I have babbled on way to much but there is just so much to say. I am just blessed with a beautiful life!
 
Thank you all so very much for all that you do to support me out here. I couldn't do it without you. Thanks for all the prayers, encouragement, and love. I hope that everyone had a safe and wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year!
 
Love your favorite Floridian,
Sister Grace Thomas
 
Diane and I "no you're the coolest"

No comments: