Monday, January 31, 2011

Pray for Grace

Hey everyone. This will probably be a quick one. I've been really sick lately and so I'm going to make this quick so I can go back home and sleep. Not a lot to report on this week, well other than the tornado. That was pretty exciting. We got a text saying to return to our appartments quickly and not to leave for the rest of the day because of tornado warnings. We were already in because of this plague I have. We didn't see any actual tornados where we were but we did get a fun storm. I just laid wrapped in my blanket and watched the storm. It made for a nice evening. Also earlier this week, for Pday we went to downtown Tampa. I needed to get out of the apartment so the Hermanas drove us to their favorite spot in Tampa, the Pier. We waved goodbye to a cruise ship, took pictures, and they all ate sushi. I love the city of Tampa!


 
Well other than that I've been trying to recover from whatever this thing is that I've got. I should get some results back from the doctor today and then hopefully we can go from there. They say that you can learn something from every situation so here are some things I've been learning through this little experience.
 
  • Trust the Lord!
  • Trust the Lord
  • Trust the Lord
You think I'd get it but for some reason I need to make sure I really trust Him. I've had a lot of time to pray and think since I can't really do much other than sleep, lay on the couch, and read my scriptures. I feel like that Lord is taking care of me and I know I'm in good hands. I don't always understand why things happen but I know that Lord is in control. I thought I'd be the one serving people on my mission and it seems like people are always serving me. Vicky (my neighbor) made some more soup. Diane has so graciously done what she can to make sure I'm comfortable and happy. Sister Summerhays calls everyday to check up on me, and Sister Salinas, oh poor Sister Salinas, well she says she is getting really good at her scripture study and she manages to find things to do. Poor Sister. Our Zone leaders have dropped by milk shakes, reading materials, and given me a blessing. I sure do love the Priesthood!
 
 
Well I think that's about it. Hope everyone is doing well. Happy Birthday Jimmy. Sorry it's late but I'll send a letter soon. And Mrs. Vickery..... YOU MAKE ME SO HAPPY! When I saw Drain, OR on the return address, I about leaped out of my shoes. You're the best!
 
Take care,
 
Love
Sister Thomas