Monday, January 10, 2011

Sister Thomas:0 NyQuil:3


 
Well this week has been way out of the ordinary. I seemed to have contracted some weird flu which knocked me out for 4 days and counting. On Wednesday I pushed my self and I pushed my self and I think I went into "Warning Overload. All Systems Fail in 5...4...3..."  The rest of the week was a blur. I've slept the past 76 hours, which I must admit felt nice but really threw me off. I've had a fever for about 3 days and then I took NyQuil which, that's disgusting and I'm never taking that again. So..... yup that was my week. Not the funnest but here are some great highlights
 
  • Diane made homemade potato soup and corn bread for us
  • Our new neighbor Vicki was SO sweet to make me beef stew when she heard I was sick
  • Barbara brought me some orange juice with extra calcium. Then she sat on my bed and read me the scriptures. Have I told you lately how much I love Barbara? Well I do I dooooooo!
  • Garrett (Diane's grandson) brought me a get well card and some flowers. He is so cute!
  • But the best part was when my zone leaders gave me a blessing. I love the priesthood!!! The first thing they said was that the Lord is really proud of me for all my efforts. That's about when I lost it. That made me feel SOOO good. He then blessed  me extra guidance from the spirit so I can find those people that are waiting for me. So I guess I better get feeling better real fast! Seriously, there is nothing better than the priesthood.
Sister Salinas kept a record of all the funny things I've said this week. Maybe you'll find humor in my "out-of-wackness"
 
" I don't want to confect your pillow"  ( contage + infect)
 
" If there is anything you can do for us, please let us know."  ( ok that one I really didn't mean to say that and I felt awful saying it but I meant to say anything WE can do for YOU
 
"Momrie Barbrie" ( I think that was something to do about Mormon moms and Barbara...???... ya I don't know)
 
"May cause sliver disease?!?!" ( reading the back of the NyQuil box "severe liver disease" )
 
Well needless to say, we're both really ready to go out and get back to work. Hopefully I can shake this darn thing soon. Pneumonia has been going around the mission so hopefully I don't have that. I have to much to do to be sick.
 
Well I think that's all. Hmmm..... yup. That's it.
 
Have a good night!
 
Love
Sister Thomas
 
 
Oh so funny thing. The guy next to me just complimented my typing skills :)  Ha yeah!
 

No comments: