Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7 ,2011

Hello again.
 
So first check this out.... http://www.mormon.org/me/2F8J  this is the video I talked about awhile ago. Watch the video. That's my mission president. He is such an amazing man and he is so perfect for the Florida Tampa Mission. You'll see clips of me but just a disclaimer that was back why I felt like I was on my death bed so that's why I look angry at the world. I promise, I'm not, just felt like it was the end of the world.
 
So I feel really pumped up for missionary work right now! Yesterday we had a meeting with the bishop of the ward and we set up a plan to get missionary work on fire here in Lakewood Ranch Ward and I am so pumped. We had some really good heart to hearts with some of the investigators that previous sisters have worked with and we know have goals and plans to help the progress. I love teaching! Between the members of our ward, the bishop, and our efforts, we should have more people to teach soon and I can't wait!
 
For my birthday, we went to this Amish restaurant with our district. That was really fun. They brought me free pie which apparently was featured on the show Man vs. Food. And the Amish workers sang me happy birthday. I loved it! Sister Larson made me brownies and my zone leaders gave me a flip flop air freshener. We contacted a referral on a college campus and it was so funny because we couldn't find his dorm and we felt like creepers. We were sitting on this bridge over pass thing trying to figure the campus out when this girl walked up to us and asked if we were here to deliver a book. We both looked at each other like "yes? how does she know" ( must be the name tag and the obvious dress code) Well she proceeded to tell us that her boyfriend requested a Book of Mormon and she would take us to him. We had an awesome conversation with her as we walked across campus and then followed by a great lesson with her and her boyfriend. Once again, I love teaching!!
 
Well I am not sure what else to say. So I think I'll end this letter. Sorry it's boring. I'm boring this week. Have a wonderful week. Until next time...
 
Love
 
Sister Grace Thomas
 

No comments: