Monday, June 20, 2011

Just another day in Paradise

Hello family, friends, and strangers,
 
I can't believe another week has come and gone. So we got transfer calls and I will be training this transfer. I will meet her tomorrow and I say goodbye to Sister Montes who will be heading home to Texas. Here is a little fun fact about my mission so far. I have a patten with all my companions. First I was trained, then I killed Sister Lane, then I trained, then I killed Sis Larson, then Sister Montes and now I'll be training again, and then I'll be the dying sister. I have never served with a sister who is in the middle of her mission. Only the beginning or end. The nice thing about sending home all my companions is that I get all their stuff they can't fit into their luggage. I've got myself a nice collection of clothes and let's not forget my super hybrid 72 hour kits. Those hurricanes don't stand a chance with what I've got in my bag. I also found out that President is giving me a full car this transfer. I started screaming "thank you, thank you thanks you." So Bruce will get to have a rest for a little while. He has been a good bike but I don't know how much I'll miss him. Bring on the car! I am hoping for the new purple car I saw at the mission office, I already named it the Purple Passion. But if I think I am getting the gray camery, which I named Gandalf the Gray. I don't care as long as it has a motor and perferably A.C.
 
Laura has had a rough week. Her son has been sick all week and in the hospital. She is a super mom and has been by his side the whole time. We've visited her in the hospital last night and she was so sweet. She said that she was sure that our prayers were working because he wasn't getting worse. What a great outlook! Most people would say that their prayers aren't working because they aren't healed already. She is a great example of faith to me. Please keep her and her son in your prayers.
 
Kyle is doing well in her new ward and she is still set for baptism but it will be on July 9th instead. I don't get to see her anymore because she is out of my area but she is progressing well and just clinging to the gospel. I love it!
 
We've continued to work with the ward, going throught the directory and locating lost sheep. I met some really neat family these week. I just love this ward. So one lady in our ward actually was roommates with Kathy Stutzman from my home ward. I can totally tell that the Lord has placed me here for a reason.
 
I just got an email from a girl who just got her call to Tampa and she has been reading my blog.  Here's a shout out to you future Sister Smith! I am so excited for you and can't wait to meet you. Oh I forgot a piece of advice.... to prepare you're self for the humidty what you should do is ride a stationary bike in sauna for 30 minutes a day. I'm just kidding, don't do that. You'll love it here! I sure do!!
 
Well I am off for now but I'll be back again soon. I love you.
 
Love Sister Thomas
 


 

No comments: