Monday, June 13, 2011

Where the Sidewalk ends

This week we've done a lot of biking. Phew, I'm tired! It's been super hot and humid lately. Although I really do love the humidity sometimes it can be brutal. I do now have a clearly visable watch tan line and a funny lines on my feet from my shoes. This is pretty neat because I can't get a tan to save my life. One thing about biking in Tampa is, we'll be biking along down a busy street and then bam... the sidewalk ends. So it's either the crazy road with drivers that are described as "worse than Utah drivers" or the red ant infested grass. Pray for me safety haha. Despite me near death experience on the bike, life is pretty darn good right now.


Tuesday we had another specialized training meeting in St. Pete. We focused on going back to the basics and how to begin teaching. The training was good and I was happy to be around some of my friends I've made on my mission so far. We did this thing where we buried "our weapons of war" like the Anti-Nephi-Lehi. It was actually really cool.

On Wednesday we had an awesome lesson with Laura and we set a baptismal date with her for July 3rd. She is such a neat lady and I just love her tons.

I'm drawing a blanks as what happened this week. Sometimes all the days feel like they melt into one and I can't remember anything. I'm glad I have a good journal. Oh yesterday they asked me to play the piano in primary. I about had a panic attack but agreed I'd give it my best shot. I practiced the songs they wanted me to play and lets just say I think I scared the spirit away. I was saved in the final moments as the real chorister showed up right before it started. Whoo, that was close. I told them I'd brush up on my skills and be ready for next time they needed me. I sure hope the kids know how to sing Sweet Hour Of Prayer because that's about the only one i can play with out messing up.

Well I don't really know what else to say so I'll just attach some pictures. Have a great week!




No comments: