I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
I just got off Skype with my supervisor while I am in Germany.... holy cannoli am I ever excited!
Yes I did turn on "I'm So Excited" by The Pointer Sisters and dance on my bed like a fool.
First off, the guy is so welcoming and funny. Completely opposite of what I was expecting from a German. No offense, I have just been told to not expect that.
Second, I have no idea how I got so blessed to land such a wonderful opportunity to go work for the LDS Church in Europe. This has been a source of great stress and anxiety for me over the last couple months. I was excited for the opportunity but it scared the pants off me. I think I was more excited for the opportunity to leave Provo. Everyone kept telling what a great experience this would be but until about 10 minutes ago, I didn't quite see it like I do now. I am one blessed little girly with great big dreams and a loving Father in Heaven who provides away for me to accomplish them.
After talking with Ralf about what I can expect, I just can't stop smiling.
Ever been to Macedonia? Neither have I but some of my time will be spent there, The church has only a handful of members there and I will get the opportunity to help train leaders and help establish the church there. SO COOL!
Ever visited mormonnewsroom.org? Ever look at the Europe section? Ever notice that the multimedia section is a little lacking? Well I will have the opportunity to fix that. One of the projects will be to create more multimedia elements for the newsroom. I think I can handle that.
I hear Austria is nice in October. Why yes, I would love to go help train the Priesthood leaders. Lets hope they understand English or my translator can work as fast as I can speak when I get talking about the gospel.
There were several other things we talked such as if I would be able to handle interviewing/interacting with stake, area, and general authorities. He was also kind enough to assure me that I won't be doing any coffee runs :) but some menial tasks such as coping. I do make mean copy. Then he was super excited to introduce me to some of the other office officials, one of which has a sweet Italian accent. I think I am going to love this!
Now I just need to find a place to live...
Also, some details that don't seem to matter but make me super happy
I have always had a dream to live in a penthouse in a big city, have this awesome job that makes a difference in the world and allows me to wear stylish pencil skirts...
Check this out..
My possible housing accommodations
A penthouse in Frankfurt that was offered to me.
Me trying on some different outfit options. Notice the pencil skirt?
My job. Spreading the gospel, I am so ok with this!
Dream come true!
48 days and counting, but first I get to visit my Florida friends!!







5 comments:
You're so inspiring!
WHOOOO!!! Didn't I say this was going to be good? I just didn't realize how good it was going to be. I'm so excited for you and I was already excited. Besides, you even look good in pencils skirts.
Did I already say, "WHOOOO"?
If you want you are welcome to leave your car here and I well try and put four new tires on it.
I am soooooo happy for you Grace and I am beyond excited that I will see you in 36 days!! You look amazing in pencil skirts....or anything else for that matter. I think I want to go to Germany with you...I will do all the cooking, cleaning, laundry ...etc etc.....may I go please? Love you sweet girl!
AWESOME. I think I'll start planning a backpacking trip through Europe and come visit you. I may even barrow a pencil line skirt to wear to church with you. AWESOME. So excited for you my friend.
Post a Comment