Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Parents

#4 Describe your relationships with your parents

The day I went into the MTC
They are pretty cool. I think I kind of like them. And by kind of I mean, love them a lot. 
There have been many times that I expressed gratitude to my Heavenly Father for the parents I got. As much as I respect the parents of other people, I think these two precious gems fit me quite well. They let me have my space and learn from my own decisions yet they aren't afraid to give correction when needed.

My dad helped me develop a love for the temple and scriptures through his example
My mom alway finds away to teach me eternal gospel principles. She always sneaks it in there, even when I least expect it. No, seriously. I could be on the phone discussing what I want for lunch and somehow it leads into a topic on the law of chastity... or something. Well maybe more like the word of wisdom but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

I am proud to call these guys my friends. 
And as parents, ya I guess I'll claim them.
"Honor thy father and thy mother; that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy god giveth thee. " Exodus 20:12

No comments: