My place is clean. I have showered. It's finally the weekend. I feel like I can officially sit down and attempt to share my experiences thus far. I feel a little overwhelmed trying to paint a picture of my life the last couple weeks. This is a pathetic attempt but it's a start.
Were do I even start?!
I know. Lets set the mood and make this even more epic, click play on the video. You don't need to watch the video. I mostly just wanted the song but Dr. Who is pretty cool to. Plus, I feel like I can relate to her expressions in the video.
I absolutely love Germany! I just want to soak up everything. One of my favorite things so far is riding trains everywhere. Sometimes when I am feeling super epic, I play this song on repeat as I survey my surrounding landscape. It's so beautiful here! I feel incredibly blessed to be here. I wake up in the morning so excited to go to work. When I get home in the evening I can't stop thinking about the things I learned during the day or projects I am working on. I LOVE IT! You know those times in your life where you just feel like you are in the right place and the right time? That's how every moment feels.
Recent Discoveries
I get a rush out of drinking water from big beer glasses. Sometimes I listen to epic music (like the one above) as I walk on the cobblestone streets in my heels. I am in love with European fashion! I use to hate scarves and now I feel naked without one. American men just don't know how to wear a suit. They got nothing on these European business men. I am a horrible grocery shopper because I just get overwhelmed with all the options. It's even worse when I have no idea what I am buying. Don't fall asleep on trains that are going in the opposite direction you want to go. Sparkling water and I don't mix, especially in the middle of a 6k race. I love the adventurous world of public affairs. Pandora, Netflix, and most youtube videos don't work in Germany. I am addicted to pastries. If I came back weighing 1100 lbs you'll know why. I love the windmills everywhere. There is a certain spot on my way to work where the train comes around a corner, and if you catch it right, you can see the sun rising over the Frankfurt skyline... LOVE! When you are about to meet the area president, make sure your skirt doesn't rip. If it does, staples work will do the job.
I still have moments when I freak out and think, "Man I am a long way from home right now and nothing here is familiar." Most of the time, I have no idea what people are saying and it's so weird for me not to strike up a conversation with a stranger. Sometimes, I feel so inadequate for the work that I am doing. I think I am not good enough to be here. I just try to remind myself that I am here so I better make the most of it.
| Hollie and I at the Webmaster Seminar |
I am working on several projects that I am very excited about. As I mentioned before, I got to go to London for the weekend to present some ideas. I went a few days early to see the sights. I had a blast! (see previous post)
| Buckingham Palace |
| National Gallery Museum |
| Me in London |
Life is pretty good if I do say so myself.
I will try to be better a updating more now that I am settled in a bit and am on more of a schedule.
6 comments:
I love all of the Dr. Who references. It is so exciting what you are up to. I really love the fact that you posting consistent updates. Say Hi to my friends Brother and Sister Roberts for me.
Seth's favorite food was Donor Sandwich that he got in most little food shops.
Now you know why I'm always yaking on and on about Germany. I'm so excited you get to be there right now. It makes me feel like I now have someone to share it all with now :). Also.. I know the spot where you catch the sunrise. I watched it every day for six months when I went to the office.
Isn't it nice to have Someone Big in charge of your life? Isn't it especially nice that He LOVES you and knows what will really make you happy?
So glad you're loving it!
So happy that YOU are happy!! I knew this would be a wonderful and exciting experience for you! I can feel your joy pouring out from your words. Love you Grace!!
I couldn't be more excited for you. This is awesome. I can't wait to hear about these Top secret projects you keep mentioning but talk about.
And When I saw your first photo I flipped. "I've been there." Let's go back to Germany again someday with Seth and Ali. All in favor say "I".
Post a Comment