Monday, October 1, 2012

Things to Remember

Sitting at my desk listening to this song



Sorry once again for a weird video. I need to learn how to just add the audio. If someone knows please inform me. Thanks!

(I recommend listening to it while pondering your life. It's beautiful and so if your life)

This was playing in the background as I  was researching President Monson's life. I had a very tender moment that I hope to remember forever. It was a feeling of intense gratitude for the gospel, my Savior, and for the organization of the church. The men and women who lead the church today are just people who are trying their best to live up to the callings they have been given. The church and its leaders are in no way perfect but the gospel of Jesus Christ is. We have on the earth a prophet who has been called of God and works under the direction of Christ himself. Not to get preachy, but I know without a single doubt in my mind that President Monson is a prophet of God, just as was Adam, Noah, Moses and all those who have gone before. What an incredible blessing this knowledge has been in my life I can't wait to listen to them again this weekend.

Yesterday in sacrament I got the distinct impression that I should volunteer to sing in the stake choir. For those who know me, this is a big deal. For those who don't know me- it's a big deal! Never would I volunteer to sing. There was a little self motivation there as it was my guarantee of being admitted into a conference that President Monson is holding in Frankfurt come October Well today in our weekly meeting, someone brought it to my attention that we will be singing in German  Well duh, Grace!! After all you are living in Germany! Why didn't I think of that yesterday? Most likely because if I had, I wouldn't have volunteered.You know what they say. When in Germany...

When I first arrived at the airport, one of the first things I noticed was this little sign.

The way it was displayed throughout the airport made it appear like it was pointing to a running track that surrounded the airport. I seriously thought to myself, "Wow how cool is that? The Germans are so in shape that they have a track in their airport.  For the past three weeks I have been searching for these "tracks" as I have noticed the sign in multiple locations. I was so impressed, not only in the airport but throughout the whole city!! It wasn't until a few days ago it dawned on me, "Oh my goodness, it's the fire escape!" All I have to say about that ... "WOW!" It does make me wonder what signs we have in America that foreigners have no idea what it means.

And one more thing I hope to always remember. Starting off October right by having my own Oktoberfest which means listening to Michael Jackson on my way to work! You know that's the making for a great month!

Some cool garden somewhere


1 comment:

NelsonFam said...

totally laughed at your choice in music. This is the song we use every year to transition state officer teams in Oregon. You had a wonderful spiritual moment and all I could do was laugh and remember all those cheesy candle lighting ceremonies!