Friday, October 5, 2012

White Knuckles

White Knuckles

I can now check "drive on autobahn" off my bucket list. I loved every minute of it! Speed and I get along well. I am just glad it wasn't in London. That would have been bad news!

A few other pointers when driving in Germany:
  Never turn right on a red light
  Einbahnstrasse means one way street. Don't worry, I didn't learn that one that hard way
 When the Frankfurt skyline is in the distance, make sure "You're the One that I Want" is playing on the radio
  If possible, make sure your GPS tells you when to turn with enough time to do so.
  Be sure to drive through the country after it just rained. You will have flashbacks of living in Oregon... sigh

And for the record, I wasn't actually driving when I took this picture. The car was parked.

Another successful adventure here in Germany


 

2 comments:

Diane said...

wish I was there with you Gracie!! I need your love and laughter!! Love you sweet girl. So glad you are having a wonderful time!

Dan Thomas said...

Grace, I bet you are good on the autobaugn.